Friday, January 22, 2010

What is biggest complaint you have at a salon?

When going to a salon or stylist what urks you ? it could be anything..tell me what urks youWhat is biggest complaint you have at a salon?
The wait ... and forced conversation... too much perfume on the stylistWhat is biggest complaint you have at a salon?
I'm short. So when they wash my hair, the chairs kill my back and neck. I swear I can never get comfortable in those chairs.
the talk.... especially between 2 hairstylists over the top of your head
Thank you for this question. I hate when the front desk person is not nice. Not offering a client a drink, to me that is part of going to a salon being pampered. I also hate waiting a long time in between appointments. Gossip
i'm a hairstylist and hate the feeling of knowing the stylist isn't cutting straight or cutting too much off or not enough off. i love the feeling of the razor ripping thru my hair , but most stylists don't know HOW to use a razor correctly. i like the rip. not all hair can be ripped. most people's hair can't handle it, they need it literally cut with it or styled/shaped with it.


i hate the germs.


i hate it when parents bring their sick kids in to get their hair done. i charge them double, take their name and address and tell them if i get sick they WILL be RESPONSIBLE for my doctors' BILL also. all prices are $$ and up. 'and up' means if i get sick you pay the bill and what i would have gotten paid for my days off for being sick.
when they don't listen to my how i want it cut. then they cut way too much off. i have a lot of problems with that...my hair is curly..and nobody knows how to cut it right.
When you are unhappy with the cut and ask them to fine tune it before you pay and leave. A professional will make sure you are pleased, an annoying stylist will tell you that you don't know how to cut hair or what style is. I'm paying for what I want regardless of what that is, not what the stylist wants.
I bet everyone says this, but they always cut my hair shorter in back. The weird thing is I have bangs and I practically have to force them to cut them. So, evidently most stylists want to shear off most of my hair but leave my bangs hanging over my eyes. Sigh. Just call me the sheepdog.
When they don't listen to the type of cut I want, if I tell them something doesn't work well (razors to cut my hair) I've had my hair on my head for 39 years, I KNOW my hair. I know how it hangs, how it falls, I don't like to use mousse or gel. I TELL them I don't use mousse or gel, then they put it in there. Then they try to sell it to me when I leave. Then it's really obvious they haven't listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment